Although your injury lawyer will take every step necessary to get you the maximum compensation to which you are entitled to for the personal injuries that you have suffered, you will also need to help your case by avoiding certain actions that will jeopardize the value of your case.
Your lawyer will help you avoid as many common mistakes as possible in order to avoid risking the success of your personal injury claim.
What Not to Do
The success of a personal injury claim is dependent on a combination of what legal steps an experienced injury lawyer will take and what dangerous mistakes the plaintiff should not take.
Below are some common mistakes that, if not avoided, will jeopardize the success of your personal injury claim:
– Discussing the facts of your case in public places or with certain individuals that may later be brought in as defense witnesses to testify against you.
– Acting in a certain way that will affect your employer if they are subpoenaed as a defense witness.
– Failure to mitigate damages.
– Failure to keep necessary documentation of your injuries, medical bills, loss of wages, etc.
– Marital issues.
– Failure to inform your injury lawyer of any changes to your personal information or employment.
– Failure to cooperate with your lawyer in keeping appointments during trial preparation, following advice, or providing truthful information or facts regarding your case and other details that will affect the outcome of your case.
– Committing a criminal offense that will affect your credibility at trial.
– Keeping in contact with defense witnesses.
Let Us Help You Avoid Costly Mistakes
At the Law Offices of David P. Kashani, APLC, our legal team will provide you with a list of actions that you should not engage in or avoid altogether in order not to jeopardize the success of your case.