Riverside County Injury Attorney – Damage Evaluation Checklist
It is imperative to make a determination of the true settlement value of a case. To do so, your injury attorney must evaluate all items of damage. This includes not only the pain and suffering from the physical injuries sustained but also pain and suffering from any accompanying psychological injuries.
The following checklists will provide your lawyer with the information he needs prior to any settlement negotiation or possible trial.
Pain and suffering from physical injuries
- Have all aspects of past, present and future pain and suffering been considered?
- Will the medical records and testimony of medical professionals support the client’s claims of pain and suffering?
- Are there witnesses who have observed the client’s pain and suffering who can describe such and testify accordingly?
- Can the client’s pain and suffering be demonstrated through photographs, videotape or film?
- Can the client’s pain and suffering be alleviated by any means?
- Has the client made any changes in his or her lifestyle to as a result of the pain and suffering?
- Changed jobs or job functions?
- Purchased special medical support equipment?
- Undergone special therapy?
Pain and suffering from accompanying psychological injuries
- Is there in fact an accompanying psychological injury?
- Will the medical records and testimony of medical professionals support the client’s claims of mental pain and suffering?
- Will the medical records indicate that the client’s symptoms of mental or psychological problems are causally related to the incident that caused the physical injuries?
- Does the client take medication to alleviate the mental pain and suffering?
- Is there expert medical testimony available to support the client’s claim of experiencing mental pain and suffering?
- Has the client made any changes in his or her lifestyle to as a result of the mental pain and suffering?
- Diminished capacity for social activities?
- Changed outlook on life?
- Changed personality?
- Are there witnesses who can testify to such lifestyle changes?
It is important you are compensated for all that you have lost. David Kashani, an experienced injury attorney, understands these issues and knows how to earn the highest possible award for his clients. The Law Offices of David P. Kashani, APLC offers a free no obligation consultation. Call (855) 449-0944 today.